(not necessary if you are registered for the festival)
IMPORTANT FESTIVAL INFORMATION BELOW - PLEASE READ!
We are excited to be "Together Again" this Sunday, October 1st for the CFC Biennial Flute Festival!
Below you will find general information about the festival day. Whether you are an attendee, a performer, a presenter, or an exhibitor, please read the information below to help ensure a smooth and enjoyable day of celebrating all things flute. If you purchased "Gala Only" Concert tickets, you may enter the Epiphany Center for the Arts at 5:45 pm with doors to the concert opening at 6:00 pm.
FOOD AND BEVERAGE
- Please note that we have had a change in our food situation. The Cafe at Epiphany Center for the Arts will no longer be available for food or beverage at all during our festival day.
- We are making it possible for you to place and pay for an advanced order from Jimmy John's through the CFC which will be available for pickup in the Cafe between 11:45 am - 1:30 pm on the festival day, October 1st.
- If you do not want to take advantage of this opportunity to order food for the festival day, please know that you are welcome to pack your own "brown bag lunch/dinner" and refillable water bottle, etc.
- Please plan your food and drink needs for the day. There will not be an option for dinner provided by us on-site. You are encouraged to bring snacks like a granola/protein bar or another packed sandwich to sustain you through the Gala Concert.
- IMPORTANT REMINDER: NO food may be individually ordered by you, delivered, or brought into the Epiphany Center for the Arts from outside restaurants. You may leave the center and go out to any of the local restaurants to have a meal, but you may not bring packaged food with you back into the center. This is why we are making this approved order and delivery from Jimmy John's possible through the Chicago Flute Club.
PARKING AND PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION
- Please plan to allow extra time for parking as this is a city location. Many one-way streets are in this area sometimes adding time when looking for spots.
- Parking is available at the 1608 W. Adams Street Garage, just west of Ashland on the North side of the street, in addition to ample metered street spots surrounding the property. Allow for some walking time.
- Parking on Ashland is free on Sunday but always check the signs for any specific information to a particular spot.
- We also recommend checking out the Spot Hero app for spaces nearby.
- Via public transportation, Epiphany Center for the Arts is:
- 0.5 miles south of the Ashland Pink/Green Line L train stops
- 0.4 miles northwest of the Racine Blue L train stop
- Closest to the #9 Ashland & Adams bus stop, #20 Madison & Ashland bus stop, #126 Van Buren & Ashland, and the Jackson & Laflin EXPRESS
- clickable Google Map below to assist you
- Doors to the festival will open at 9:00 am. Doors will close at 9:00 pm so please plan parking and transportation accordingly.
- Please enter through the glass doors on Ashland Ave. (not the solid red doors). You will be directed up a short flight of stairs into the Cafe where you will check in at the Registration Tables to receive your lanyard and program book for the day. Please keep your lanyard on and visible throughout the entire festival. An elevator is available next to the staircase at the entrance for accessibility.
- Exhibitors will receive instructions for their load-in/load-out times and location from our Exhibit Hall manager, Tom Shanahan (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- EPIPHANY’s campus is 100% ADA accessible and compliant. The south entrance of Epiphany Center for the Arts on Ashland Ave is wheelchair accessible. Parking is available outside of this entrance on Ashland Ave. An elevator is located through the south entrance doors providing additional access to the 1st and 2nd floor galleries and event spaces. For more information, comments, and questions about accessibility at Epiphany please email them at email@example.com.
PERSONAL PROPERTY AND SECURITY
- The Chicago Flute Club and the venue are not responsible for lost and stolen items - keep your belongings with you at all times! You are responsible for the care of and insurance on your own instruments.
- There will be a security guard at the entrance for the entire festival day.
- The events of the Festival Day will not be recorded. We also ask that you not video or audio record any of the workshops/lectures/recitals without asking the presenter and/or performer for permission beforehand. Please respect their wishes.
- The Gala Concert will not be recorded by the CFC. No video or audio recording will be permitted during this concert.
- Photos without flash will be permitted. Please use discretion when taking these so as not to disturb the presenters, performers, or those around you.
- There will be board members and volunteers designated by their nametags available to answer any questions and point you in the right direction.
- There will be signs helping to guide you to the restrooms as well as all the performance/presentation spaces and the Exhibit Hall.
- RAFFLE TICKETS will be on sale from 9 am - 6 pm at Registration Tables in the Cafe. Plan to take $10 chances to win one of the amazing prizes valued at $45-$200. Cash, Check, or Credit Card will be accepted.
Thank you for supporting the CFC and all the work that went into creating this festival. We look forward to seeing you on Sunday and celebrating the flute "Together Again!"